Welcome to our studio! We can’t wait to meet you and introduce you to the wonderful and sweaty world of Bikram yoga. Don’t worry if you’re a little nervous about your first class. We’ll do our best to make you feel right at home.
You don’t have to be a yoga expert to get started – in fact, many of our new students have never taken a yoga class before. It’s ok if you’re not flexible yet or you’re a little out of shape. We’ll teach you how to do what you can with the body that you have. You just have to breathe. Everything else is optional!
Checklist for Your First Bikram Class
• Bring a yoga mat, a large towel, and a bottle of water. You can also buy or rent these items at the studio.
• Come to class well hydrated and ready to sweat! We recommend no heavy meals for 2-3 hours before class.
• Wear lightweight exercise clothing that lets you move comfortably. You can get changed in our locker rooms and shower after class.
• Pre-registration is optional. Please arrive 15 – 20 minutes early on your first day, especially if you plan to sign up at the studio.
• Come back within 24 hours for maximum benefit!
It’s not just my body that is changing, my mind is changing as well. I have more energy then I used to. I sleep better at night. My life also feels more organized when I do Bikram. I’m much more focused and can concentrate on whatever I’m doing for a longer period of time. My awareness and mindfulness has also improved.–Erin Glynn (member since Jan. 2015)